Effective Date: January 4, 2024
Personal Information We Collect
Depending on the nature of your interaction with Wineland, we may collect personal information when you provide information to us or interact with us as follows:
- Application information if you apply for employment with Wineland, including your name, email address, educational history, and employment history.
- Contact information and any other information you choose to include when you communicate with us via email, mail, phone or other channels.
- Survey information in response to questions we may send you through the Services, including for feedback and research purposes.
- Traveler information, including your name and passport to facilitate your travel request.
- User content you may provide to publicly post via the Services (e.g. photos, reviews).
Cookies and Information Collected by Other Automated Means
When you interact with the Services, certain information about your use of our Services is automatically collected. This includes:
- Device information, including the IP address and other details of the device you use to connect with our Services, such as device type and unique device identifier, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device’s telephone number.
- Location information where you choose to provide our Services with access to information about your device’s location.
- Usage details about your interaction with our Services, such as the date, time, and length of visits, and specific pages or content accessed during the visits, search terms, frequency of the visits, referring website addresses.
Much of this information is collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies, which may be operated by our partners who assist us in collect information about usage of the Services, serving ads, or providing other services to you. For example, we use Google Analytics to conduct analytics. You can learn more about privacy and Google Analytics by visiting https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245, and opt out of collection of your data by using the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. We also use Google Ads to customize our advertising and to serve you ads based on your browsing behavior. You can learn more about Google Ads at https://policies.google.com/privacy and you can opt out of personalized advertising through Google’s Ad Settings here https://adssettings.google.com/.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use the personal information we collect from you for the following purposes:
- Provide our Services to you, manage your travel request, respond to your requests, questions, and comments, and provide customer support.
- Maintain and improve the Services, diagnose or fix technology problems, and monitor the performance of the Services.
- Market to you, design and administer marketing campaigns, tailor the content we display to you on the Services and email communications, grow our business, and understand our customer base and the effectiveness of our marketing.
- Comply with legal requirements and industry standards, defend against legal claims or other demands, detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be fraudulent or illegal, and protect the rights of Wineland you, or others.
- Process your application, assess and manage your application, conduct reference checks, assess your suitability for a role for which you have applied, and monitor compliance with equal opportunities and non-discrimination policies.
We may use and share information in an aggregated or de-identified manner data at our discretion, including for research, analysis, modeling, marketing, and improvement of our Services.
How We Share Your Personal Information
We share personal information in the following instances:
- With service providers we believe need the information to perform a technology, business, or other professional function for us, such as IT services, maintenance and hosting of our Services, accounting, auditing, and tax services, and other professional services.
- With third parties whose products, services, or offerings may be of interest to you for their own marketing purposes.
- With analytics partners who collect information via cookies on our Services to assist us with measuring visits and traffic on our Services so we can measure and improve the performance of our Services.
- To comply with law, to respond to requests from law enforcement agencies or other government authorities or third parties, as permitted by law and without your consent when it is necessary to protect our customers, employees, or property, in emergency situations, or to enforce our rights.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
We use a combination of physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect the information we collect through the Services. While we use these precautions to safeguard your information, we cannot guarantee the security of the networks, systems, servers, devices, and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
Your Privacy Options
You may have certain choices when it comes to how we collect and use your personal information:
- Cookies: You can modify your browser setting to disable or reject cookies across the internet; but if you do so, some features of our Services may not function properly or be available. Please note you will need to set the preferences of each device you use to visit our Services. You may be able to prevent third parties from using your information for interest-based advertisements across the internet by visiting http://www.networkadvertising.org or http://www.aboutads.info. Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads, nor will it prevent the receipt of interest- based advertising from other companies that do not participate in these programs.
- Do Not Track: Your browser or device may include “Do Not Track” functionality; please note that we do not respond to such signals.
- Email marketing: If at any time you no longer wish to receive automated marketing communications from us, you can click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of these emails from us.
- Third party marketing: You may opt-out of disclosure of your information to third parties who offer products and services you may be interested in by emailing us at [email protected].
- Your California Privacy Rights. Customers in California are permitted to request certain details about how certain types of their information are shared with third parties for those third parties’ own direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident, you submit a request to [email protected].
We do not knowingly or intentionally gather information from children. If we have inadvertently collected the information of a child, a parent or guardian of that child may contact us at [email protected] to request that we delete the information from our records or otherwise cease the use of that information.
For questions about our privacy practices, contact us at [email protected] or write to us at:
Wineland-Thomson Adventures, Inc.
14 Mount Auburn Street
Watertown, MA 02742